Houses that have been flooded are at a serious risk of harbouring molds, especially in areas where humidity and temperatures provide the mold with the ideal setting to reproduce and spread before cleanup beings. Indoors, mold feeds off organic materials in drywall, ceiling tiles, fabric, wood and paper.
A proper cleanup is critical to ensure that mold does not affect you or your family’s health. Care must be taken to clean and completely dry any areas of the home affected by the flood in order to prevent structural damage and adverse health effects from the mold.
The most serious type of mold in the home is that of the black mold variety, a slimy, greenish-black substance commonly found in damp, moist areas of walls, ceilings and floors. If the flood is not promptly cleaned, you will see tracks of greenish-black mold streaking across walls and spreading into wall surfaces, flooring and furniture.
The presence of black mold can cause various negative side effects, the most serious of which are:
– Chronic sinus infections
– Memory loss
– Severe respiratory problems
Black mold is especially harmful to infants or individuals with diminished immune systems.
First Call 24/7 will arrive immediately to your flooded home or business premise and begin proactively testing for the presence of any mold damage prior to the onset of health complications.