Whether you’re dealing with a plumbing emergency or an extensive plumbing renovation project, the process of finding the right plumber can be daunting. The following tips will help you hire a qualified plumber for whatever situation you’re facing.
While price is always an important factor that you should definitely pay attention to when hiring a plumber, it should not be the only consideration you take in mind. Cheaper is not necessarily better. The quality of workmanship and the products used for the job are important, as is customer service.
Consider these tips from First Call 24/7 on how to hire a qualified plumber:
• Choose a licensed plumbing contractor – Licensed plumbing contractors must be bonded and carry workers’ compensation insurance.
• Ask the right questions – Find out how long the contractor has been in business and how or what you will be charged for the job.
• Get references – Ask for names of customers you can call. Check out the company’s rating with the Better Business Bureau to find out if any complaints have been filed against the contractor.
• Get an estimate before you commit to a particular pricing system.
• Will there be additional costs? Some plumbers may charge extra for services such as travel, parking or waste disposal.
• What is the method of payment? If your job requires extensive work, the plumber may ask that you pay a certain percentage of the total amount before he/she commences the work. Do not pay more than 20% of the total cost and only pay the full balance when the work is completed to your satisfaction.
Since 2005, First Call 24/7 has been servicing southern Florida with water/flood damage restoration, mold removal, sewage extraction, and fire/smoke damage restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our professionally trained, certified and experienced technicians can be at your home quickly after a disaster and get started immediately to minimize further loss. Call us at 1-866-637-9699.